Creating a new campaign
The first thing you need to do when starting to advertise is to create a campaign. Campaigns define the objective of your ad sets and can contain a variety of ad sets. To create a new campaign, simply click the 'Create new campaign' button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
Select the objective of your campaign from the drop-down list:
Give your campaign a name. It's a good idea to name it as something that indicates the campaign objective and is not period specific.
If you want to simultaneously book ads in all ad sets placed under this campaign, you can do that by adding a campaign label. Be aware that this will use budgets from all ad sets in the campaign at the same time. If you want to skip this step, leave the field empty and click 'Create campaign'.
Creating a new ad set
Once you have created your campaign, you can start creating your ad sets. To create an ad set, either right-click on the campaign you want your ad set to be placed (according to the campaign's objective) or choose 'Ad sets' from the menu and click the 'Create ad set' button:
If you choose the second option, you should select the campaign where you want to place your ad set from the drop-down list.
When you create an ad set, you can switch between basic view and advanced view in the upper left-hand corner.
The basic view only shows the fields that are required for creating an ad set. This excludes detailed targeting, pricing, and scheduling settings.
- Ad Set Name (mandatory): Name your ad set. To make it easy for yourself and your colleagues, we suggest naming it in accordance with your target audience and/or your time period.
- Labels (Ads labels): Give your ad set one or more labels. Labels are used to activate the ad set when posting through Komfo's Publisher. You can read more about it here. We advise you to use a label name similar to your ad set name. If you check the box ‘Book ads for posts without labels’, all posts with no labels and posts published directly through Facebook will be advertised in this ad set, as well as all posts with the labels you have defined. Remember to create a unique Ads label, if you have Ad sets with the same Ads label and you use this Ads label, you will book an Ad in every Ad set this Ads label is used.
- Channel (mandatory): Select you Facebook page.
- Budget (mandatory): Define your budget. You can choose between two different budget types: ‘Lifetime’ of ‘Daily’. If you choose ‘Lifetime’, your budget will be spread evenly across the entire selected ad set duration. If you choose ‘Daily’, your budget will be "per day" in the selected ad set duration, meaning that the budget will be renewed every day at midnight. Be careful and choose correctly.
- Ad Set Duration (mandatory): Select the duration of your ad set. You can select a fixed period or choose "ongoing" for daily budgets. Ongoing ad sets will not end until you choose to end them manually. This is suitable for ad sets you want to use for a long time.
- Default Ad Duration: Select the duration of your ads. Your ads will only run for the selected number of days. This setting can be changed in 'Compose' when publishing your content.
- Age & Gender: Select the age and gender of your target audience.
- Connections: Select how your audience is connected to your Facebook page. You can choose "Fans", "Friends of Fans", "Non-Fans" or "Fans, Friends of Fans and all Other".
- Geography (mandatory): Select the countries and/or cities you want to target. In terms of cities, you can select a radius around the city center by clicking on the gear icon next to the city.
- Language: If you want to define your target audience by the language they use on Facebook, you can insert it here. Leave this area empty if language is not a requirement for your advertising.
- Audiences: If you are using Custom Audiences, you can include or exclude them from your targeting in this section. Read more about Custom Audiences and how you create them here.
- Demographics: There's a variety of different demographics you can use to ensure you reach the correct audience. Examples could be specific relationship statuses or educational levels.
- Likes & Interests: Choose which specific interest groups you want to target. E.g. Sports, Travel, Fashion or something completely different.
- Behavior: Target people with certain behavior such as online spenders or business travelers.
- Ad Placement: Decide where you want you ads to be placed. This could be Desktop Newsfeed, Mobile Newsfeed, Right Column or in some cases Audience Networks.
- Mobile Devices: If you only want your ads to be displayed on certain mobile devices then specify which ones here.
- Wireless Connections: When advertising in mobile news feed, you can choose to only target people who are currently on a wi-fi connection. This is especially relevant for mobile app install ads.
- Track for Conversions: Select which conversion pixels you want to track on. Read more about what pixels can be used for and how you create them here.
- URL tags: Input tags for Google Analytics or other similar tracking systems. Format must be key=value
- Max. Bidding Price: Select the bidding method and maximum price. To understand these methods we encourage you to read this article.
- Default Ad Duration (Important): Select the duration of the individual ads within this ad set. You can override this setting on an individual ad level in the Publisher or by editing your ad.
- Enable Schedule: By enabling this, you can set the ad set to automatically pause all ads at certain days or hours. This option is only available for ad sets on lifetime budget.
- Convert Feed to Ads: This is a special feature relevant for users interested in automatically advertising a product feed from a website. You can read more about this here.
Once you've finished creating your ad set all there's left to do is to go to 'Publish' and create your content. See how you book your ads in the Publish section by using Ads label